It is with great disappointment that US Sailing has made the difficult decision to postpone the 2022 National Sailing Programs Symposium (NSPS) in Savannah, GA.
The postponement is out of an abundance of caution due to Covid-19 surges across the country currently and those anticipated after holiday gatherings. The decision was made in conjunction with US Sailing Leadership, current CDC recommendations and best practices utilized by similar sports and entertainment organizations throughout the US.
Our primary concern is the safety and wellbeing of attendees and participants of NSPS, and we look forward rescheduling the symposium once we return to a manageable state of public health and feel confident bringing our community together safely for one of our favorite events of the year.
No. NSPS is postponed with plans to reschedule once we return to a manageable state of public health and feel confident bringing our community together safely.
- Refunds will be issued for all NSPS registrations
- Refunds will be processed the weeks of January 3rdand 10th
- Registrations made within the past 90-days from date of refund processing will be refunded via the credit card the order was placed with
- Registrations prior to 90-days will be issued a check refund made out to the name on the registration order and mailed to the address associated with the order
- Should the refund need to be addressed to a name not associated with the order or mailed to a different address, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The DeSoto Savannah will cancel all rooms associated with the US Sailing group rate. There is no need to call and cancel your individual reservation.
- If you made your booking outside of the room block, you will need to call and cancel.
- If your reservation is not at The DeSoto, please call the hotel directly to cancel your reservation.
As is currently the case throughout this country, it is our understanding that airlines are actively working with travelers to change reservations based on the current climate. Please contact the airline and cancel your booking as soon as possible.
- NSPS is being postponed with intentions of rescheduling therefore we do not currently have plans to hold NSPS virtually.
- Some elements of NSPS may be held in a virtual environment and information will be sent out accordingly.
A staff member will be in touch with those who were planning to attend a pre-event workshop regarding plans for those events.